Tuesday, August 11, 2009

New car, Stress, School and all else.

These next letters are the most recent ones Courteney's written. Enjoy.


August 5th, 2009

Hey Chase,
So guess what? Our red clunker car? It died the other day. Lol. We think the Transmission went out. It would hesitate when we put on the gas and would stall sometimes in the middle of traffic. So we’re buying a new car. This is the first time we’ve run into something majorly financial.
We were both thinking that’d it was probably going to go out sometime in August. We were actually thinking of buying a new TV a couple weeks ago. Good thing we didn’t cuz cars aren’t cheap. So we’re thinking of getting a Subaru. Joseph’s always liked Subaru’s and so we’re probably going to get one of them. They seem to be great, reliable cars. We think we might have found one we like though. A Subaru Legacy. It’s silver, 2005, has great history on it. Perfect for commuting and for a family when we have one. Joseph’s trying to figure out loan information. Hope we get it. Car shopping is such a hassle. (I’m typing this throughout the day) Looks like we got the loan, unfortunately it’s less than the price we need… only by a couple hundred… but still. It’ll help. Joseph’s mom is going to help us too. She’ll co-sign with us to help us get the car. Joseph says after we get the car he’ll make me drive it everywhere. It’s going to be an automatic.
I’ve been doing driving time with the instructors at A-1 (driving school I’ve been going to) I just gotta finish my driving time with the instructors, and then I’ll be free to get my license. Apparently Bonnie’s got herself a license now. In Arizona you don’t need to take driving tests… just a written test and you got it. I think that kinda sucks (on my part). But then again I think I’ll be a good driver since I have to do driving time and take an actual driving test. (I won’t hit any trees)
Wow… this day is turning out to be pretty hectic. We’re getting off work early to go to the bank and finalize our loan, then to the Dealers to get the car. Wish us luck. We hope we can get this all done etc. Joseph is getting really stressed over it. Then Brian calls and says he can fix the Transmission. But we want a new car… one that’s reliable. We can fix the old one and sell it or something. We’re thinking of buying a new bike with the money from it so we’ll see.
Anyways… How’s you doin? Having fun?
I’ll talk to you later Bro. We love you.



August 7th, 2009

Hey Chase,
Wow, it’s been very hectic here trying to buy a car. We found the car we want. We have the car in our name now, signed our loan yesterday and Joseph went and picked it up this morning. We’re so excited. It’s such a sexy car. It’s a 2005, Silver, Subaru Legacy. In GREAT condition and it’s also an Automatic which means I get to drive it. YAY!!!
So tonight were going to Brian’s house. Hillary and Ben are in town. It’ll be nice to see them. It’ll also be fun to show off our new car. We really love it.
Can’t wait for work to be over. I wanna go home… lol. Get to sleep in tomorrow morning. Haven’t done that in a while.

Chase I wanna let you know how much I appreciate that you’re in the Air Force and helping to fight for the Family, Friends and Country you love. You’re a wonderful man. You’ve grown Chase, into a handsome man and I know you make your family proud.
Remember we love you and hope to hear & see you soon.
Much love from Courteney

No comments:

Post a Comment